I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Rest I Long For

A couple of years ago Dan Moler gave a wonderful message at our church illustrating resting in God’s love. He said an apple tree produces apples because of what it is. It does not strive to produce apples to prove it’s an apple tree.

This is the rest I long for.

I love God, worship and serve, bringing his Kingdom everywhere I go because of who I am not because I’m trying really hard.

Too many days. Too many moments I forget who I am. I strive to produce fruit. Fruit of the Spirit. Just the name tells me I can’t produce anything on my own. It’s his fruit. He only needs this branch to remember who I am.

Who he is.

I am a new creature, created for good works. Ephesians 2:10
I am a royal priest.  1 Peter 2:9
I am an overcomer. 1 John 4:4
I am more than a conqueror. Romans 8:37

All and only because of Jesus.


Rest is my  My One Word  for 2012. I am trying to post some thought or insight each week.
Do you have One Word for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment